Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reminiscing


Just thinking of the fall coming up makes me so excited. Ian and I met (again) the last week of September of 2006 and had our first date on October 3rd at my sisters birthday party. We went rollerskating, and I was terrified because I didnt know how to skate, and I thought Ian would think I was the dumbest girl ever. All of my sisters friends were there, and I didnt really know anyone, and barely knew Ian. Ian was having stomach issues back then, and was completely sick the first 2 hours we were there. When he started feeling better, we hit the roller rink. I was AWFUL and probably moved about an inch every minute. Ian was so understanding and patient with me, I loved it. I was so nervous the whole date because Ian was the boy I had a crush on from Taylor ward FOREVER, and here I was rollerskating with him years later. When we left the rink, he took me home. 
We talked outside, and Ian did the most outrageous thing ever! He jumped on his old corolla and started acting like a dinosaur (its actually quite impressive and totally hilarious!). I laughed almost to tears as he was jumping on and off his car and making T-rex noises. I thought this was both funny and complet
ely terrifying at the same time. We did the typical first date weird hug and he left. From then on, Ian and I were pretty much inseparable. We talked constantly on the phone or over IM and we saw each other EVERYDAY! It wasnt long before I knew that he was the one for me. 

I am so excited about the fall starting and doing all the things we love to do together like decorating our home for the Halloween, having Thanksgiving, and enjoying our Christmas together! 

Two years have flown by SO quick and I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband!!

No comments: